Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RWDCA #2: A quick survey

A rather quick follow-up....

I know most of you people will not consider me a particularly funny person. Kindhearted, well meaning, a hard worker, yes....but not exactly funny. Maybe funny as in awkward, but not as a witty comedian or anything like that. Some people have told me I am a good narrator, and my voice inflections make my anecdotes sound funny sometimes, but nothing beyond that.

So now I want you to answer a quick survey on the comments section:

How would you teach somebody to become funny? Not "clown-funny", or "silly-funny", and much less "awkward-funny", but "charmingly-funny". You know: a person that makes others grin, and yeah, maybe laugh. Is it necessarily a gift from birth, or can it be learned?

An additional question for those who know me: Am I too serious? If yes, is it OK? Should I change it? Yes/no and why?

Sadly, this survey doesn't come in a particularly good moment. I have noticed how I have become increasingly grumpy and depressive. A sad combination of Grad school stress, bad weather, and missing the family, with addition of romantic disappointment on top of it all.

Alrighty, back to study from Stokey, Lucas and Prescott.

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment